What if every student and alumni from Lakehead had 5-15 new connections to learn, share, and grow?
Having a diverse network:
- Accelerates careers
- Helps tap into the exceptional thinking of peers locally and globally
- Is a powerful contribution to the Lakehead community
Introducing the LakeheadConnect
The LakeheadConnect is an online networking program powered by the Ten Thousand Coffees platform, matching alumni with students and recent grads, based on your career-specific interests and goals for inspiring conversation. You can schedule and set up a coffee chat in-person or online! Take an hour every 1-3 months to meet someone new from Lakehead, create an opportunity to learn, share and answer questions.
Are you a current Lakehead Student or recent grad?
You'll have access to alumni and industry partners with valuable life and career advice to share. With 85% of jobs being filled via networking and 2.4 million jobs available over the next four years, the time to build your network is now. The top skills companies are looking for across ALL industries are active listening, speaking, critical thinking and social perceptiveness. Improve these skills by connecting with others, sharing your story and asking thoughtful questions.
Benefits for Experienced Alumni
- Help shape the careers of students and young alumni by sharing your career advice and experience
- Develop your networking and mentoring skills through real-world practice
- Build your network of other Lakehead alumni and faculty based on your industry and interests
As a graduate from Lakehead you have valuable life and career advice to share! It is key for students to receive support and advice from those in industry.
How does LakeheadConnect work?
- You’ll receive monthly introductions each year to a fellow student or alumni based on your career interests and goals.
- Suggest a time to chat, in-person at a coffee shop or online from the comfort of your home, to share your advice and experience
- Receive an official LinkedIn certification to recognize your commitment to continuous learning and career advancement.
- Once you join, all introductions are sent directly to your preferred inbox, schedule a time, and get an invite directly to your Gmail/Outlook calendar.
RBC Future Launch is RBC’s commitment to empower Canadian youth for the jobs of tomorrow. RBC is dedicating $500 million to help young people access meaningful employment through practical work experience, skills development, networking and access to mental well-being supports and services.
Lakehead University makes this mentoring program available to you for your personal use on a voluntary basis. By clicking on the Connect links, you will be leaving the Lakehead University Alumni website and going to the Ten Thousand Coffees website, which is partially hosted outside of Canada.
Lakehead University does not provide any personal information about you to Ten Thousand coffees.
Lakehead University does access the information stored on Ten Thousand Coffees site. Lakehead University may collect personal information of alumni for the purpose of its alumni program. The university’s collection of personal information complies with section 26 of the FIPPA and the University Act. Questions concerning information legislation can be directed to Millo Shaw, Director, Risk Management and Access to Information, at email@example.com